– The average cost to prepare a Hollywood actress for the Academy Awards red carpet is $3,500.
– It costs $119,800 for a couple to attend the Vanity Fair Oscars party.
– 225 countries will broadcast the Oscars
– Wallethub claims the cost of producing the Academy Awards is $44 million. The red carpet costs $24,700. Each Oscar statue costs around $900 to produce. Hollywood studios spend $100 million a year lobbying for awards.
– Jennifer Hudson tells ITV that unlike other celebrities she doesn’t keep her Academy Award statue in her bathroom. ”Don’t put your dirty hands on my Oscar. It’s still very fresh in my mind and at times I’m like, I have an Oscar, really? No, not in the toilet. I have an award wall. Behind it is my hidden office. It’s a fake wall and the Oscar sits in the middle.”
– The Hollywood Reporter asked 2,021 people to name their favorite Academy Awards host. Billy Crystal topped the list with 57% followed by Ellen DeGeneres (56%), Chris Rock (51%), Kevin Hart (51%), Neil Patrick Harris (50%), Jimmy Kimmel (48%) and Seth MacFarlane (30%).
– Johnny Depp tells the BBC that he does not want to ever win an Academy Award. “I don’t want to have to talk (give a speech)… They gave me one of those things, like a nomination, two or three times. A nomination is plenty.”