Here are five weird things that can make you feel less stressed . . .
- Washing the dishes. A 2014 study found that people who practiced being mindful while washing dishes . . . like by smelling the soap and feeling the water temperature . . . felt more inspired and less nervous after they were done.
- De-cluttering your home. Research suggests that having a cluttered house can cause increased levels of the stress hormone cortisol throughout the day.
- Sniffing your partner’s laundry. A study last year in the“Journal of Personality and Social Psychology” found that just smelling your significant other’s clothes can make you feel calmer.
- Exercising in a group. According to a study in the“Journal of the American Osteopathic Association”, exercising with a group reduced stress about 25% better than working out alone.
- Dwelling on your failures. In a study last year, researchers found that writing about a previous failures helped people to be less stressed when they encountered another difficult situation later on.