A poll of 2,000 people found 46% of us wish we could just pick out our own Christmas gifts, so we’d get stuff we actually want.
The survey also asked people about stuff they’ve regifted . . . returned . . . or just tossed in the trash, and WHY they did it. Here are the top ten reasons . . .
- I just didn’t like the gift.
- I couldn’t use it in time. So that applies to things like gift cards and Groupons.
- I already owned one.
- I liked the gift, but thought someone else would like it more.
- I got too many of them. Like if you end up with five boxes of chocolate.
- I regifted to save money on someone else’s gift.
- It didn’t fit. So that one’s mostly about clothing.
- I used it as an emergency gift after I forgot to get someone a present.
- I didn’t have space for it.
- I got rid of it out of SPITE, because I didn’t like the person who gave it to me.