According to the survey, here are the top ten things we do to prepare for holiday guests . . .
1. Clean your house. 85% of us try to do it before we have guests.
2. Have plenty of food options, 69%. Which might include a grocery store trip.
3. Declutter, 58%. So instead of just cleaning, you might look around the house and find stuff to put in storage or throw away.
4. Restock some extra toilet paper in the bathroom, 54%. The survey also found that EXPENSIVE toilet paper is one of the top things that can “impress” your guests.
5. Light some scented candles, 47%.
6. Bake something, like cookies or a pie, 45%.
7. Get your laundry done, 43%.
8. Brew some fresh coffee, 38%. Especially the first morning they’re there.
9. Put out fresh flowers, 27%.
10. Do a last-minute home improvement project, 24%. That might just be something small, like fixing a loose doorknob, or changing a light bulb.