We’re already about a QUARTER of the way through the NFL regular season, so a columnist put together a list of 9 bandwagons that seem safe to hop on.
It was supposed to be 10, but he decided to take the 4 and 0 L.A. Rams OFF the list, because it’s so obvious that they’re the best team in the NFL that, quote, “their bandwagon has been full for months.” So here are the rest . . .
1. The Chicago Bears. The Bears getting linebacker Khalil Mack from the Oakland Raiders has been a “franchise-changer,” and on offense, quarterback Mitch Trubisky is emerging from his funk. The Bears are 3-1.
2. The Tennessee Titans. They are now 3-1, and have knocked off the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Philadelphia Eagles in back-to-back weeks, thanks to their “toughness and resiliency.” And Marcus Mariota has looked good.
3. The Cincinnati Bengals. They’re 3-1, and look like they’re for real . . . because the “offense is sensational,” and the “defensive line is stout.” They also picked themselves up after losing tight-end Tyler Eifert to a season-ending injury.
4. The Baltimore Ravens. They’re also 3-1 and look like “one of the most well-rounded groups in the league so far,” ranking fifth in offense and third in defense. And quarterback Joe Flacco is having a resurgent season.
5. The New England Patriots. It’s strange to “notify” people of a Patriots bandwagon, but they’re just 2-2. And they were 1-2 before last weekend, when they bounced back in a major way to hand the Miami Dolphins their first loss.
6. The Cleveland Browns. A lot has been made of Cleveland FINALLY winning a game, but despite their 1-2-1 record, all four of their games have been nail-biters. And rookie quarterback Baker Mayfield looks like he could be special.
7. Quarterback Josh Rosen of the Arizona Cardinals. He was arguably the cockiest of the quarterbacks drafted earlier this year, and so far he looks legit. In fact, the columnist says he “flashed true star potential,” and is “going to be a stud.”
8. Running back Ezekiel Elliott of the Dallas Cowboys, who are 2-2. He basically says that Zeke is the main thing that the Cowboys have going for them, and that no team in the league can stop him.
9. The L.A. Chargers. They’re only 2-2, but the offense has been playing great, rookie safety Derwin James looks like a star, and if they can iron out the glitches on defense and special teams, they could be a team you can “believe in.”