1. They do little things to keep you from seeing their texts. This can be anything from strategically angling their body away from you to suddenly getting very annoyed at you using their phone to check the time. The key is that this is *new* behavior.
2. They’re suddenly always checking their DMs. If your boo is suddenly ultra-invested in an app, like Snapchat, that conveniently erases potential evidence, well.
3. They’ve stopped sharing nearly as much as they used to with you. One of the best parts of being in a relationship is you have someone you can recap all the parts of your day to. So, when your partner goes from passionately venting about their day to an automated, “It was fine,” that could be cause for alarm.
4. They seem disinterested in any intimacy with you at all. The obvious sign is that they never initiate sex anymore or seem really detached when you do have it. But a core lack of intimacy in general-less kissing, hand-holding, hugging, or touching-can be a red flag if it feels like an abrupt change.
5. They’re picking fights and even accusing *you* of wanting to break up. If you find that your spats as of late are ridiculous and you have no idea how they start, oof. They want you to get so fed up that you break up with them, sparing them the difficult task of ending your partnership because they like someone else.
6. They’re more flexible around this other person than with you. They’ll drop dinner with you to grab drinks with their new friend, but when you bring up a weekend trip, they’re suddenly not sure if they have the time or money. Keeping you at arm’s length without making any big promises, lets them emotionally test the waters with someone new while having you as a backup option.