Career Builder posted a fresh list of the dumbest résumé mistakes companies have seen. But most aren’t really mistakes . . . they’re just examples of people being stupid. Here are the best ones . . .
1. Someone submitted a résumé where every sentence was in a different font.
2. Someone claimed they’d had 40 different jobs in a single year.
3. A 22-year-old claimed they already had THREE different college degrees.
4. Someone tried to attach their résumé to an email, but attached a full credit check application for an apartment by mistake.
5. Someone noted that they’d had, quote, “as many marriages as jobs.” (???)
6. Someone decided to include their extensive ARREST record on their résumé.
7. A company got a résumé where the entire thing was just one sentence.
8. Someone noted at the bottom of their résumé that they don’t like babies or puppies.
The survey also found that typos and bad grammar are BY FAR the top things that can get your résumé thrown in the trash right away. An unprofessional email address was a distant second.