1. No boundaries. Whether it’s a “joke” at your expense, language you don’t appreciate, or pressing you to share information you have been clear you deem private, anyone who doesn’t respect your right to your own space (emotional, personal, physical or mental) is going to have you going from 0-to-frustrated in no time.
2. Freakouts. Unless there is a fire or a real reason to scream, yell, send 100 rapid-fire texts and run around like Charlie Sheen at a Hollywood Hills after-party, take freakouts as frustrating proof that the person in front of you can’t control their emotions.
3. Stonewalls you. They are mad at you or you have hit a topic they don’t like to discuss. Then, you’re suddenly being told they won’t listen to what you have to say by way of jumping off of the phone, ignoring your texts/calls, reminding you of their stress or saying it’s not the right time (again).
4. Lies. If your new pal or partner just changes the truth when they don’t like the way a conversation is going, it’s one of the huge relationship red flags to watch out for. No trust, no relationship.
5. Always wants something from you. You’ve come to realize that the random “thinking of you” text always has a string. Friends should always be there for one another, but if someone is always looking to take, it’s time to tell them to take a walk.
6. Your friends hate them. Your real friends love you and want the best for you, and if one person says something, you can chalk it up to a personality clash. But if you’re hearing comments or crickets every time you mention him or her, sit up and take notice.
7. You have an uneasy feeling. Intuition is a real thing, and we all have it. Trust yours.