1. He wants to be your emergency contact. And he doesn’t shudder if you ask to put him on the list. He says yes easily as if he were rattling off his birth date or social security number.
2. He confirms plans with you first. When you’re a girlfriend, you’re notified of the plans. When you’re someone he’s considering as wife material, he checks with you first.
3. He speaks in the second person. The smallest, most noticeable mention that indicates he’s one of the men who will commit to you and considers you might be wife material is how his speech goes from “me” and “I” to “we” and “us.” Pay attention.
4. He doesn’t talk badly about marriage. His attitude about marriage is positive because he thinks it’s a good venture to get into and, possibly, he may want to get in that boat with you.
5. He’s aware of your finances. He knows your student loan interest rate (perhaps not by heart) and he knows your spending habits. These are important if he wants to marry you.
6. He remembers important information about your family. The man who considers you a “Maybe Mrs.” knows your mom’s favorite tea, avoids certain topics around your sister that he knows agitates her, and can go over to your house alone without you.
8. He knows when you’re upset. A good boyfriend tries to avoid hurting your feelings and if he does he tries to mend the situation. A man who is serious about you knows, most of the time, when youll be upset and already has solutions laid out in his mind.