1. “He’s much less pushy about sex than younger guys.” “[It’s] like being in any other long-term relationship. Except he’s less annoying and pushy about sex than younger guys are.
2. “All older men saw were my young, good looks.” “I eventually realized that while I was seeing older men as these mature, refined, more stable and interesting people, they were not seeing me as a person in the same way. Instead, when they looked at me, all they saw was my young good looks.
3. “We ran out of things to talk about.” “Dated someone with an 11 year age gap. Eventually it got boring because our interests were so different we ran out of stuff to talk about. It was mostly just small talk. It was weird.”
4. “We don’t argue about petty crap.” “My boyfriend is 30 years older than me, we have been together nine years. We don’t argue over petty crap, if there is an issue we can talk it out like adults and come up with a solution.
5. “He always spoke down to me.” “I dated a guy who was 11 years older than me. He spoke down to me and ridiculed me for being young. Ya know, he’s older and wiser and I’ll understand someday…. yeah it’s a while later now and I understand how he was just a prick. Older men definitely tend be controlling and on the manipulative side.
8. “Our sex drives don’t match.” “I’m 25 and he is 48. I would say sex drive [is one of the biggest issues we face]. He is a settled man who can go months without it. I am one of those people who enjoy sex two to three times a week. I can’t say we have really worked this out so much as slowly met in the middle.