· The Couple CAN See Each Other Before the Ceremony. A new trend sees the groom enjoying a ‘first look’ at his partner ahead of everyone else. Experts say this private moment often takes place before the ceremony where the couple can grab a few moments together and even have intimate photos taken ahead of saying their vows.
· The Bride’s Father Doesn’t Have to Walk Her Down the Aisle. Tradition dictates that a bride will be escorted down the aisle by her father, but experts say it can be anyone.
· You Don’t Need to Greet Every Guest in a Receiving Line. Modern couples can skip this and greet guests in a less formal way, such as moving around tables during the meal or simply drinking and dancing with guests afterwards.
· The Bridal Party CAN Wear Black. Modern brides can wear whatever they choose – whether it’s black, red or pink.
· The Groom’s Family Can Pick Up the Entire Bill. While the bride’s family have long been expected to foot the wedding bill, wedding planners say it’s more commonplace for the couple to fork out for the entire thing – or even the groom’s family.
Now if they could only do away with the chicken dance…