We had a list yesterday of five things you can do to improve your chances of getting a job interview. Now here are five things hiring managers say can increase your chances of actually landing the job . . .
1. Being involved in your community. So, things like volunteer work, helping out at your church, or coaching a little league team.
2. Being bilingual. 34% of hiring managers said it ups your chances of getting hired. Obviously Spanish is the best second language to know at this point.
3. Having a better sense of humor than the other people they interview. 25% said it improves your chances.
4. Being better dressed than the other applicants. So don’t go in looking like a slob.
5. Having more in common with the interviewer. So don’t feel like the entire interview has to be about work. Like if they have a picture on the wall from a trip to Spain, and you’ve been there too, bring it up. (PR Newswire)