A new survey had HR managers list the dumbest things they’ve seen on résumés. Some are lies, and some are just stupid. Here are the top nine . . .
1. A guy claimed he’d personally studied under the German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, who died over 100 years ago.
2. Someone claimed they’d written a set of computer code that the hiring manager had actually written.
3. A guy included a picture with all of his pets for no apparent reason.
4. Someone listed Microsoft as a previous employer, and then didn’t know who Bill Gates was.
5. Someone sent in a résumé that obviously wasn’t theirs. So the HR person googled it. And it turned out they just lifted it straight off the Internet.
6. Someone claimed they had a specific credential they didn’t really have. And they were applying for a job at the company that GRANTS that credential.
7. A guy included a lengthy description about his family members.
8. Even though it had nothing to do with the job, a guy included the fact that his favorite hobby is to watch horror movies.
9. A guy claimed he was a former spy for the CIA. But the dates he listed were when he was in elementary school. (CareerBuilder)