If you’ve ever had trouble sleeping, it’s probably because you’re doing it all wrong. This should set you straight.
· Last call for coffee! Caffeine is the enemy of sleep.
2 Hours before Bedtime
· Hang out in a chill place besides your bedroom. (The only two things people should do in bed is have sex and sleep.)
· Turn down the TV and music volume.
· Switch from overhead lights to lamplight.
· Reduce the brightness on your iPhone, iPad, TV, or computer screen.
· Take your last bites of any spicy or sugary foods.
1 Hour before Bedtime
· Power down your devices.
· Stop answering work emails.
· Lower the thermostat.
· Put down the wine glass.
· Taper off liquids.
· Read, listen to music, or talk.
30 Minutes before Bedtime
· Have sex (People sleep better after sex.)
When You Actually Feel Sleepy
· Turn on a fan in your bedroom.
· Get into bed.
· Remove your heaviest blanket.
· End all the deep and weighty conversations.
· Lie in your favorite position.