According to a new survey, it takes an average of 5 minutes and 20 seconds to find something you misplaced around the house. And we waste TWO-AND-A-HALF DAYS a year searching for lost stuff.
Here are five more stats from the survey . . .
1. The six things we misplace the most are the remote, our phone, our keys, our glasses, our shoes, and our wallet or purse. Over 70% of us can’t find the remote at least once a month.
2. 60% of people have been late for work or school because they couldn’t find something . . . 49% have missed an appointment . . . and 35% have gotten into a fight with their significant other. Men are more likely to blame someone else than women.
3. The three places we look FIRST are our purse or bag . . . the couch . . . and the pockets of whatever we wore the day before.
4. 40% think that getting older is one reason we lose stuff. But millennials are actually twice as likely to lose stuff as baby boomers.
5. 69% of us have found something ELSE that was missing while looking for a lost item.