1. Trying to be someone you’re not. If you have to fake it, you’re probably never going to make it. Aspire to become your best self by celebrating who you are and what you have to offer.
2. Telling yourself it’s too late. Live in action and possibility, not regret. It’s never too late to make a positive difference.
3. Having to be right all the time. You’re human, and humans make mistakes and don’t know everything. It’s OK to be wrong or not to know, and it’s OK to say so.
4. Speaking badly about yourself. Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy. If you wouldn’t let someone say it about your spouse or best friend, don’t say it about yourself.
5. Passivity without progress. If you allow yourself to be a bystander in your own life, how do you expect anything to happen? Passivity doesn’t bring any kind of happiness or satisfaction.
6. Riddled with guilt. No amount of guilt can change the past or the future. Do what you can to right any wrongs you may have committed, but don’t allow the weight of guilt to crush you.
7. Envy breeds jealously. Don’t walk around being envious of what other people have or do. Remember, happiness doesn’t lie in having everything you want but in wanting everything you have.
8. Allowing fear to rule. Fear can never give you what you want or make you happy. Instead it cripples your visions and impedes your success. Nothing will hold you back more effectively.