UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa.; October 20, 2016 – The Penn State football team is set to clash with No. 2 Ohio State Saturday in a Big Ten East Division contest. Kickoff for the ABC national telecast is at 8 p.m. in Beaver Stadium and all Nittany Lion fans are encouraged to wear white for the Penn State White Out.
Due to the high probability of rain over the next two days and damage to the fields earlier this month from wet parking conditions, the Brown Lot, Family Friendly Lot and Yellow Lot 12 (IM Fields) will be closed for the Ohio State game, in order to preserve campus student recreation’s interest in the IM Fields.
Penn State Athletics will be providing a free shuttle for fans who wish to park a car at Innovation Park, with drop off near the intersection of Park Avenue and Fox Hollow Road, starting at 5 p.m. In addition, the CATA Loop Bus is available to bring fans who arrive in a car from Lot Red A on North Atherton Street, with drop off near the Creamery, a short walk down to Beaver Stadium, also starting at 5 p.m. RVs are not permitted in Innovation Park or Lot Red A.
Parking Changes for Ohio State Game:
– Brown lot, Family Friendly lot and Yellow Lot 12 will be closed Saturday.
– Brown parking permits will be honored in the Orange lot and Blue lot. Fans are asked to arrive from the East (Park Avenue) to access the Orange lot or from Route 26/College Avenue to access the Blue lot.
– Yellow pass holders who have parked in Lot 12, should plan to park in the yellow lots on the east side of the stadium (via Park Avenue westbound from I-99, Orchard Road or Fox Hollow Road).
– ADA parking is not affected.
– Only fans with a pre-paid RV parking pass will be permitted into the RV lot.
Penn State announced on Wednesday it is unable to accommodate additional RVs for this weekend. Patrons without a pre-paid RV permit will not be permitted into the RV lot. These fans are encouraged to travel to the game in a passenger vehicle or make accommodations in a location off the University Park campus.
Beaver Stadium gates will open at 6 p.m. (Gate C at 6:30 p.m.) and fans are encouraged to arrive early.
Fans are encouraged to secure tents and canopies in the parking lots on Saturday, as windy conditions are expected throughout the day.
Fans are reminded that Penn State is providing security screening for all guests this season at entry gates using metal detection wands. With this security measure in place, all public gates, including the ADA and student gates, will open two hours prior to kickoff to provide ample time for all fans to pass through security.
Patrons will be asked to remove items from their pockets upon entering Beaver Stadium when the gates open at 6:00 p.m.