Has watching the Olympics inspired you to get off the couch and start working out? Me neither. But if they HAVE, here are five tips to help you get out of bed and to the gym in the morning.
1. Get enough sleep. Easier said than done, but you’re much more likely to get up if you’re well-rested in the morning. Here’s a tip: move your alarm clock out of reach so you actually have to get out of bed to turn it off.
2. Pair up. Find a friend who’s willing to hit the gym with you so you can hold each other accountable. You’ll be less likely to bail if you know someone’s relying on you.
3. Prepare ahead of time. Take a few minutes each night to lay out your workout gear, charge up your phone or iPod, and have your water bottle filled and ready to go.
4. Be gentle. In the morning, your body is stiff and tight from sleeping. So do some slow, deep breathing and gentle stretches before you really get moving.
5. Be honest with yourself. Do you hate the drive to the gym? Are you tired from staying up too late? Do you get discouraged because you don’t know what kind of workout to do? Spend a few minutes thinking about why you have such a hard time committing to your workouts and then FIX IT. It might be something as simple as ditching the gym membership and getting a treadmill instead. (EverybodyWalk.org)