What does the average wedding look like in 2016? Well, researchers recently asked 500 women who were either engaged or just got married. Here are the seven most interesting stats . . .
1. 61% of couples write their own vows, and 28% use standard vows. Apparently the other 11% aren’t sure what they’ll do.
2. 40% of couples have a friend or family member officiate the wedding.
3. 43% of brides said they preferred a non-traditional wedding dress.
4. 70% of women get their make-up professionally done for their wedding, and 35% get their teeth whitened.
5. 67% of brides say they worked out at least four times a week to lose weight for the wedding . . . 61% cut certain foods out of their diet . . . and 40% did a cleanse.
6. 40% of brides let the groom see them before the ceremony. But it doesn’t say if that means they saw them in their DRESS or not.
7. And just under 25% of women planning a wedding said they want to incorporate their PET in some way. (PR Newswire)