For absolutely no apparent reason, this song has been bouncing in and out of my head all week. Today, I decided to seek out the video. You can watch it below while you’re pondering these thoughts (and feel free to add your own).
- This by 10CC…the same people who gave you “I’m Not In Love” and “The Things We Do For Love”. Maybe that explains some of it.
- Try to not be distracted from the lyrics by the young 1975-era groupies “dancing” in front of the band…or by the girl behind them just standing there with her arms folded as if she was waiting for the next bus. Then again, maybe they WERE trying to distract us from listening to the lyrics.
- Check out the keyboard guy (Godley or Creme?) who, at one point in the video, keeps pushing the same three keys over and over again, yet making different sounds.
- Or the drummer, who occasionly doesn’t even bother to act like he’s playing the same song as the rest of the band.
- And…is this the only “rock” song in history that features the voice of Minnie Mouse?
All questions to ponder. This weekend, when you’re nice and…uh…uh…relaxed, listen to this and see if you can make heads or tails out of the lyrics. If you can, please send your responses my way.
Oh yeah…pick out an appropriate time at work to respond to a co-worker by saying “Well, you know….life IS a minestrone.”