Last week, I was talking about how much it costs to go to your prom compared to my prom many, many, many many years ago. I also talked about how my prom date made her own gown, and used the same material to make my bow-tie and cummerbund so we’d match perfectly. Someone asked me if that was true, or just something I made up for the radio. I assured them that it was true, and over the weekend found a picture to prove it.
Until I saw this picture again, I completely forgot that she also made a matching pocket square.
Even though my prom night was a long time ago, I know there are some things that never change. For example, things that would have gotten me kicked out then will get you kicked out now. May I present:
Things That Will Get You Kicked Out of the Senior Prom.
- Showing up in your “birthday tux”
- Having sex right on the dance floor instead of being a gentleman and taking it to the bathroom
- Trying to smoke your date’s corsage
- Performing a Lambada so erotic that it causes the town to ban dancing, just like in Footloose
- Pretending to be your own publicist
- Reenacting the pig blood scene from Carrie
- Scoring chicks for Woody Allen
- Not having a date…or being a student