It’s Friday the 13th. So just because, here are five random GOOD things that happened on Friday the 13th . . .
1. The Hollywood sign was dedicated in the Hollywood Hills on Friday, July 13th, 1923. It originally said Hollywoodland, but the “land” part was dropped in 1949.
2. Steve Buscemi was born on Friday, December 13th, 1957. Without him, you wouldn’t have “The Big Lebowski”, “Reservoir Dogs”, or “Boardwalk Empire”.
3. The United States adopted its first equal employment act on Friday October 13th, 1967. President Lyndon Johnson signed an executive order saying the government can’t discriminate in hiring practices based on gender.
4. Black Sabbath released their first album on Friday, February 13th, 1970. Although that one could go either way? It reached #8 on the UK Albums Chart and #23 on the Billboard 200.
5. The Olympics returned to their birthplace. The Summer Olympics were held in Greece in 2004, and the opening ceremony in Athens took place on Friday, August 13th. And Team USA ended up winning the most medals that year, with 101.