This week we heard about a study that found women become less stressed after their husbands die. And if that sounds bad, this DEFINITELY won’t help. Here are five ways your relationship might be KILLING you.
- Fighting all the time can increase your risk for heart problems, high blood pressure, stroke, and type 2 diabetes.
- Eating too much. According to a study published in the U.S. National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, marriage raises the risk of women becoming overweight by 3.9%, and men by 6.1%.
- Forgetting to take care of yourself. Taking time out for a walk or the occasional massage can reduce stress and anxiety.
- Sleep deprivation. If your partner’s snoring or tossing and turning is keeping you from having a good night’s sleep, it can have negative health implications down the line.
- Lack of communication. Not talking through issues can cause everything from headaches and muscle tension to anxiety and depression.
And even worse, women are more likely to self-medicate through alcohol and drugs to deal with the stress of a bad relationship. (Cosmopolitan)