It’s April 15th. Normally, that’s Tax Day, but this year taxes aren’t due until Monday. If you don’t do your own taxes, I suppose you’ve either met with your accountant, or you’ll be doing so this weekend. If you hear any of these things, you might consider finding someone else.
Things You Don’t Want to Hear from Your Tax Accountant
- What?! It’s APRIL already?!?
- You know, a lot of people say federal prison is like a country club.
- A W-2? Wait, don’t tell me! I know this!
- On your return, I might have misspelled “guestimate”.
- I’ve had plenty of celebrity clients — Willie Nelson, Wesley Snipes, Lauryn Hill.
- Let’s get our stories straight in case we get caught”
- Math is hard!