If you don’t want to drink beer, here are five other St. Patrick’s Day drinks you can order or make for yourself.
- An Irish Mule. It’s like a Moscow Mule, but with Irish whiskey instead of vodka, and ginger ALE instead of ginger BEER. It’s half a can of ginger ale with ice . . . whiskey . . . and a little bit of lime juice.
- A Pillow Mint. It’s Irish whiskey on the rocks . . . a half-ounce of Kahlua . . . and a splash of peppermint schnapps.
- A Misty Mint. You fill three-quarters of a glass with ice . . . add white rum . . . and crème de menthe to make it bright green.
- A Baby Guinness. It’s a shot made with Kahlua and Baileys, so it kind of looks like Guinness.
- A Black Velvet. This one actually does have some beer in it. You fill two thirds of a glass with champagne, and then fill the rest with Guinness. And you have to pour the Guinness in last or it won’t mix right.
Here’s to a long life and a merry one…A pretty girl and an honest one…A cold beer an another one. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!