How weird has Alaska’s’s weather been this winter? Weird enough that seven rail cars loaded with snow had to be brought in for the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race ceremonial start on Saturday. Now that the snow’s in place, may be present some Things Overheard at the Iditarod:
- Hey, why are those dogs in such a hurry?
- I just hope Sarah Palin doesn’t fire on us from a helicopter
- Move it along, I’ve got a cockfight to bet on
- Well, we finally found something more pointless than the Westminster Dog Show
- I would have finished first, but two of my dogs stopped to lick themselves
- I guess this is what passes for entertainment in Alaska