Here are five relationships that might be causing problems in your ACTUAL relationship.
- Your mother-in-law. It’s a cliché, but it’s actually true in a lot of cases. Your partner is your other half, but mom is mom . . . so if they don’t get along, good luck.
- Friends of the opposite sex. Obviously jealousy is the main issue. And this includes COWORKERS of the opposite sex too. The best thing you can do is set some ground rules, like agreeing you won’t discuss any relationship issues with them.
- Your trainer. They’re in better shape, and they get sweaty one-on-one time with you. What could go wrong? Plus you hang out with them in a gym packed with hot, sweaty people flexing their muscles and bouncing on treadmills.
- Your therapist. You’re airing your dirty laundry, and getting as personal with them as it gets. So anyone ELSE is going to resent it or be intimidated by it. It’s a lot of pressure to know as soon as they mess up, you’re going to rat them out.
- Your dog. You might not even realize it, but you might be giving an insane amount of affection and attention to a PET . . . attention that COULD go to the human beings in your life.