In honor of today being President’s Day, we thought it would be the perfect time for this list of The Top Surprising Facts About U.S. Presidents.
- James Garfield was ambidextrous, meaning he could lie out both sides of his mouth.
- FDR’s campaign slogan was, “That’s How He Rolls.”
- James Madison was so short if he were still alive he’d costar with Ice Cube in those “Ride Along”
- William Howard Taft once flooded D.C. by belly-flopping into the Potomac.
- The Oval Office still reeks of booze from Ulysses S. Grant.
- Abraham Lincoln made ends meet by renting the top of his hat as a studio apartment.
- Truman only bombed Hiroshima because he thought it would be fun to awaken Godzilla.
- Abraham Lincoln ended his second inaugural address by saying, “Smell you later.”
- They preferred to pay full price for their mattresses.