There’s a list making the rounds of the ten grossest things you touch on a daily basis. These might surprise you.
1. Your toothbrush. Just putting it away while it’s still wet helps bacteria grow.
2. Salt and pepper shakers. The ones in restaurants are the worst.
3. Your keyboard. It’s impossible to keep bacteria off it. And you don’t clean it enough.
4. Light switches. If people at work turn the lights on and off in the bathroom, the switch is probably filthy.
5. Dish towels, unless you use new ones every few days.
6. The faucet on your kitchen sink. It’s worse than the one in your bathroom, because it’s also exposed to things like salmonella when you cook.
7. Your remote control. When was the last time you cleaned it? And you probably eat while you watch TV, so a lot of bacteria can build up.
8. Throw pillows. People never wash them, and they can get gross even faster than the pillows on your bed, because they don’t have pillowcases.
9. Your seatbelt. It’s another thing you never clean.
10. Your car stereo is another one . . . which is why we strongly suggest you just never change the station again.