Ben Cohen, the co-founder of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, talked about a new Bernie Sanders-themed flavor to show his support for the Democratic presidential candidate. He says it would be called Bernie’s Yearning, and it would be made of mint ice cream with a milk chocolate disk on top. The carton would explain: “The chocolate disc represents the huge majority of economic gains that have gone to the top 1% since the end of the recession. Beneath it, the rest of us.
Of course, you can only eat it if you agree to share it equally with everyone else.
Politics and ice cream will certainly mix better than politics and money. Maybe Ben and Jerry’s should create some other politically-Themed Ben & Jerry’s Flavors. I have a few suggestions:
- Ben Carson’s Nuttier-Than-a-Fruitcake
- Martin O’Malley’s Totally Vanilla
- Donald Trump’s Honeycomb-over
- Bill Clinton’s Impeach Melba
- John McCain’s Cherry Atric
- Jeb Bush’s Berry Berry Boring
- Carly Fiorina’s Bitter Pecan
- Sarah Palin’s Stuffed & Mounted Mousse
- Chunky New Jersey Governor