A new study looked at how businesses kept their employees happy and stayed competitive in the marketplace. Here are the top reasons people quit for other companies/careers in 2015.
- Low pay: At the end of the day if you aren’t able to make ends meet then it may be time to find a career that will.
- Lack of flexibility: Not all jobs allow for flexibility of hours, but for the ones that do it is a real selling point for the company. A recent study found that when employees were able to come and go freely from work they were not only happier with their employer, but also MORE PRODUCTIVE.
- Bad healthcare benefits: This one speaks for itself. People want healthcare that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg and also covers them when they need it.
- Paid Time Off/Vacation Days: EVERYBODY NEEDS A BREAK. End of story
- Lack of respect/appreciation: If an employee doesn’t feel valued by their employer they will look for one that does. If they do stay, however, the study found that productivity will be MUCH lower than if they feel like part of a team.