January 25, 2016
I’ve been fighting a cold since Thursday, so I’m very sensitive to this…A list of the ten grossest things you touch on a daily basis is making the rounds. You know your phone is filthy, what with you pawing at it with your grubby hands and breathing into it with your germy breath all day, but some of these other bacteria club meds (or is it clubs med?)
- Your toothbrush. Just putting it away while it’s still wet helps bacteria grow.
- Salt and pepper shakers. The ones in restaurants are the worst.
- Your keyboard. It’s impossible to keep bacteria off it. And you don’t clean it enough.
- Light switches. If people at work turn the lights on and off in the bathroom, the switch is probably filthy.
- Dish towels, unless you use new ones every few days.
- The faucet on your kitchen sink. It’s worse than the one in your bathroom, because it’s also exposed to things like salmonella when you cook.
- Your remote control. When was the last time you cleaned it? And you probably eat while you watch TV, so a lot of bacteria can build up.
- Throw pillows. People never wash them, and they can get gross even faster than the pillows on your bed, because they don’t have pillowcases.
- Your seatbelt. It’s another thing you never clean.
- Your car stereo is another one . . . which is why we strongly suggest you tune in Happy 103 and simply leave it there.