If you’re sticking to your New Year’s resolution to get a new job, hopefully you’ll have an interview lined up soon. Consider this your refresher course on how not to blow it.
A new survey from CareerBuilder asked hiring managers to name the biggest ways that someone can sink a job interview. Here’s the top 10 . . .
- Lying about something, 69%.
- Answering your phone or texting during the interview, 68%.
- Not making eye contact, 67%.
- Acting arrogant or entitled, 60%.
- Dressing inappropriately, 50%.
- Swearing, 50%.
- Not smiling, 39%.
- Playing with something on the table, 33%.
- Having bad posture, 30%.
- Fidgeting too much in your seat, 30%.