The Powerball drawing is tonight at 10:59 P.M. Eastern. The prize is now up to $1.5 BILLION. That means the LUMP sum should also cross the $1 billion mark, which is crazy.
So what do you do if you win? From the Dallas Morning News, here is some advice from MARK CUBAN.
- Hire a tax attorney first.
- Don’t take the lump sum, so you don’t blow it all.
- If you weren’t happy yesterday, winning won’t make you happy tomorrow.
- But if you WERE happy yesterday, winning will make you VERY happy tomorrow. You’ll enjoy a life where you don’t have to worry about bills.
- Tell all of your friends and family NO when they ask for money. No exceptions. If you help someone, it should be someone you’re close enough to that you knew about their financial issues BEFORE you won. And no one needs $1 million for anything.
- Winning the lottery doesn’t make you a smart investor, so don’t make investments. Just put the money in the bank and live comfortably forever.