December 21, 2015
I was at my in-laws yesterday for an early Christmas celebration, and while I was there, the TV was tuned to one of those channels that shows nothing but holiday specials. I quickly discovered that those specials all follow one of two plots.
Plot One: A stranger comes or returns to a town, and the townspeople teach that stranger the true meaning of Christmas.
Plot Two: A town that’s lost its Christmas Spirit has that spirit re-kindled by a newly arrived stranger who may or may not be Santa Claus.
Of course, these are just the specials that made the cut. They show specials like these because people watch and enjoy them. But what about the ones they don’t show? Here are some of the least popular holiday specials…
- Merry Madagascar: A Disappointingly Non-Pixar Christmas
- Selena Gomez Lip-Syncs Holiday Favorites
- Twas The Night After Christmas Because We Mixed Up The Dates
- Frosty’s Global Warming Adventure
- Jared Fogle’s Christmas in C-Block
- There’s a War on Christmas, Charlie Brown
- How the Grinch Didn’t Steal Kwanzaa Because He Wasn’t Sure What It Was