December 10, 2015
Today is Nobel Prize Day, but I’ll bet there are some things about the Nobel Prize you did not know.
- · None of the “Fifty Shades of Grey” books won for Literature. I know, shocking.
- · There is no Nobel Prize for Comedy because every year it would go to Carrot Top.
- · The man it’s named after invented dynamite . . . and yet Jimmie J.J. Walker has never received one.
- · This year, they’re just giving the Literature prize to anyone who can string three sentences together without an emoji or an “LOL” at the end.
- · You can watch a live webcast of the award ceremony. And then post fat shaming remarks in the comment section.
- · Besides pickled herrings and crippling depression, it’s the only thing anyone associates with Scandinavia.
- · Books that win it for Literature ask questions like, “Has modern society corrupted individuality?” and “Where’s Waldo?”
- · Prizes are awarded in the fields of Physics, Medicine, Economics, and this year, Twerking.
- · In 2003, the Nobel Prize for Chemistry went to the person who invented the Croissant Pocket.