1. You can’t help but bring up your ex. Obviously, your past relationships can and should come up – it’s just a matter of how often. If you catch yourself ranting about your ex’s messy dish-washing habits for 20 minutes on a second date, that’s bad news.
2. You’re spending every night, or almost every night, with them. In general, spending every night together when you first start dating is already not great (you need your space!) but especially when you’re fresh off a breakup.
3. Your relationship highs are tied to sex. If you immediately want to date your new, really hot hookup, take a step back.
4. You’re texting them nonstop. It can feel like you know this person very well, because you are communicating regularly, but yet in reality, you don’t. Constant texting brings familiarity with someone, but not intimacy.
5. You’re immediately blowing up your feed with couple pics. After doing the social-media cleanse of your last relationship, you’d think that you’d only put up couple pics when you know this new one is very solid. Yet, surprisingly, you might feel totally unafraid to post that couple selfie with your boo of three weeks.
6. You haven’t learned anything from your last relationship. Even if you dated Satan himself, there’s always something to learn from a relationship and a breakup, including your own shortcomings or warning signs you ignored early on. If your one takeaway is, “Nope, it was just terrible!” you might want to hold off on seriously dating someone new right away.